Unmatched and unbiased inspections
Homes of any age are subject over time to weather conditions, ground shifting, warping, and more. Our residential structural inspection service offers an assessment and evaluation of the structural components of your home, including probing with an awl, measuring framing members, and limited excavation around the foundation.
When do you need a structural inspection?
The determination of “squareness” and levelness can be included in such a structural evaluation. Soil investigation and invasive testing is generally not included in a structural inspection unless otherwise recommended or designated in writing, but is available should you request it.
Other systems, such as plumbing, electrical, mechanical, or interior are also not evaluated as part of this evaluation, but may be discussed with your inspector during the structural inspection.
- When there are cracks in the foundation or walls
- When there is bowing or sagging in the walls and roof
- When there is carpenter ant, termite, or rot damage
- When an appraiser perceived a structural defect
- When a new home is under construction
- When a mortgage company or bank needs an engineer’s opinion before writing a loan
- When there is a concern about the structural integrity of the building or home
- When there is a fire, flood, water, or high wind damage
If you suspect your home has any structural deficiency, contact Criterium-Jansen Engineers to perform a structural inspection of your home.
To learn more about structural inspection, call us at 1-888-940-0571.