Learn how we go above and beyond in engineering
The quality and usefulness of any inspection or design work depends upon the knowledge and experience of the person who conducts the work. At Criterium-Jansen Engineers, our engineers and design professionals are dedicated to staying up to date with the latest industry technology, standards, and codes.
Also, with over 20 years of experience in the inspection and design industry, you can be assured to receive the thoroughness and attention to detail that your project deserves – and which are the hallmarks of our service.
The Criterium-Jansen Difference
While Canada has established some minimum standards for home inspections, the building inspection industry is still largely unregulated. The extent and quality of the site inspection, report, and follow-up assistance vary significantly. So do the expertise and credentials of the inspectors.
Engineering Community Involvement
We’re proud and confident to say that Criterium-Jansen Engineers exceeds the minimum requirements and is a member of several engineering organizations – Ontario Homebuilders Association, Professional Engineers Ontario, and the National Academy of Building Inspection Engineers (NABIE), to name a few.
Unmatched Expertise & Accountability in Engineering
All of our Criterium-Jansen inspections are supervised by Professional Engineers. The P.Eng license is awarded by one of twelve licensing bodies in the nation and is your assurance that the engineer is knowledgeable, ethical, and accountable. Accountability is a true measure of commitment to one’s profession and clients.
Furthermore, we are supported by Criterium Engineers, an international engineering company which has offices located throughout North America.
Our Engineering Aptitude
At a minimum, Criterium-Jansen’s Professional Engineers:
- Have completed an accredited engineering program, have worked for four years under the direction of other engineers, and have passed a comprehensive state board exam. This is your assurance that they are properly trained to evaluate your property.
- Are bound by a code of ethics that requires that they limit their practice to areas in which they have expertise.
- Have completed a training course sponsored by Criterium Engineers in Portland, ME.
In addition to their professional qualifications, Criterium-Jansen’s engineers participate in:
- Continuing education programs
- Intensive seven-day training programs sponsored by Criterium Engineers
- Regular peer reviews
Our local offices provide you with immediate access to the engineer working with you – while supported by the resources of a national engineering company.